Saturday, June 20, 2009

Camping at Red Cliffs

We just got back from an overnight camping trip to the Red Cliff's recreation area. It was very warm when we got there, so we took the kids down to the stream to play for a bit....pardon the underwear/diaper shots the swimsuits got left at home. Ian loved splashing around and throwing rocks in the water. Mat was a good dad to get in the deep spot with him so I wouldn't have to. We went back to camp after playing for a while and then Ian proceeded to get covered with dirt...which is what camping is for right?! After dinner we took our chicken bones and went back to the stream to go crawdad fishing! We had so much fun hauling in those little fella's, we had to have caught 30 of them! Dad showed us how to clean them up, and then we had a little crawdad cookout complete with melted butter for dipping. Who says you can't have lobster for dinner when you go camping! :)


Playing in the stream






Ian covered with dirt



Grandpa and Stella



Crawdad fishing



5 comments:

nmg said...

I don't know why you are trying to act like there is something wrong with your kids being in underwear/diapers.......Like some judgement from afar. Maybe that's what they like to wear and would wear all the time if they got to choose.....

Sure looks like you guys had fun, ah the crawdad memories that this invoked for me! Hope you guys left some in there for a return trip in July or August!

Anonymous said...

Looks like ya'll had a great time! I'm so jealous & now you're on your way to Washington...hope ya'll have an awesome time there too!!! P.S. You're braver than I am, I grew up in the south & even I have never actually eaten crawdads! Better you than me! Be safe & have a great trip!!!

Jense Family said...

Yea!!!I love camping. Glad you had a great time. Be safe and see ya when you get back from Washington!

The Foxy Fam said...

So cute and so fun! Can I just say you amaze me? Camping and then turning right around and heading out to Washington? You go girl! Ian's little dirt covered body made me laugh! They are too cute for words! There's just something about kids being nudie or close to it that makes them happier than a little clam! Way to be a good sport Mat!!

Mel Bernard said...

okay so one of my BIGGEST fears is nasty crawdads and lobsters so I got a little FREAKED out seeing that last picture BUT... looks like fun and some good family times!!